Wednesday August 9 is the pursuit race event!
In XC#7 the starting order will be determined by the faster rider of XC#6. Everyone else will follow by their time gap behind the XC#6 winner. Everyone outside of a 5 minute gap will race from a mass start. Lambateurs will race with 10 second time gaps behind the preceeding riders with the winner of XC#6 starting first.
Registration for the event will start at 6pm and the Lambateurs and Mini-Lambs will start at 7pm in Kinsmen Park.
All registered Lambateur riders must participate in a preride of the race course at 6:40pm.
You must be a Blacksheep member to participate in this event.
Our membership is growing, and so is our need for volunteers! Here is what we need help with at this event:
Course Marshalls: 3-4 people spread out on course to help direct riders in the right direction.
If you are able to volunteer your time or have any questions about the job listed, either send us a message on Facebook or send us an email at email@example.com.
- Exit Kinsmen Park across the bridge and turn right up Yellow Trail
- Turn left onto Red Trail and stay right to climb up Red Trail
- Turn left at the junction with Blue Trail and head for the top of Hydro Hill
- Turn right into Upper 2k Trail and then quickly right again after the hydro line into the NEW TRAIL
- Follow the NEW trail to the section junction with Upper 2k trail and turn left
- Complete the mid portion of Upper 2k trail and rejoin the NEW trail. Stay right to finish out the NEW trail
- Head straight off the NEW trail onto Crossover
- Turn right and climb Cassandra
- Cross the Hydro line and descend Hill Top
- Stay left at the bottom of Hill Top and continue onto the Adventure trail
- Turn right at the next junction and climb back up the bypass to Blue Trail
- Turn left at Blue Trail and descend using all the bypasses
- Connect with Yellow Trail and follow back towards Kinsmen Park
- To lap – Turn right back onto Red Trail
- To finish – Stay left and cross back over the bridge into Kinsmen Park.
Each lap is 5km. Sport races 1 lap. Advanced races 3 laps. Elite races 4 laps.
Podiums will consist of the riders with the best results from XC#6 and XC#7. Points to the season series will be based on individual results from the events.
This is going to be such an exciting event, and we cannot wait to for Stage 1 to come! Until then, enjoy the long weekend, ride some trails, and happy riding!